These are the current open positions we have available within our company. Don’t see one you were hoping for? Apply anyway! We are always looking for motivated individuals with a growth oriented mindset to join our team!
Salary: $50,000-$75,000 + Commission
MW Lawn & Landscape, Inc. in Olathe, KS is hiring an Account Manager to sell our full service lawn care maintenance for new and current customers on both the residential and commercial side. This person will also be an account manager with a current book of business for residential and HOA properties.
We are looking for a highly motivated and energetic person that has experience selling & account managing for a commercial lawn and landscaping company. This person needs to have the knowledge to sell all aspects of lawn care maintenance, drainage work, add on enhancements, and snow removal. This position is year round.
This is a salaried position + unlimited commission potential. Commissions are paid monthly.
- Sell $500,000 new sales annually
- Communicate with crews on a daily basis
- Communicate to production team
- Adhere to company follow up procedures and initial contact protocol
- Checks plant material availability prior to selling
- Participates in snow removal during Winter months
- Helps with morning dispatch of all crews
- Sells both maintenance services and enhancement jobs
- Bachelors Degree in Horticulture/Design preferred
- Work efficiently and professionally
- Plant, Drainage and Hardscape material knowledge
- Grass/Weed identification knowledge
- Able to communicate with Production Team and Crews
- Able to use a smartphone and computer
- Able to lift 50 pounds on occasion
- Drivers License must be valid with minimal citations
- 401k with company match up to 4% (Available after one year)
- Medical and Dental plan through Aetna (we pay 50%)
- Optional Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Sick Time
- Company Vehicle
- Phone allowance
$17.00-$18.00 Hourly + Commission
MW Lawn & Landscape, Inc. in Olathe, KS is seeking an experienced Fertilizer Technician for our growing Fertilizer Department. We are looking to add an additional technician this Fall/Winter. MW Lawn & Landscape services both residential and commercial clients. Typically, this position works 45-50 hours per week Monday through Friday with an occasional Saturday. This position will run their own fertilizing route, up-selling additional services and treatments. They will also provide and lawn renovation estimate to all of their clients.This is a year round position and will participate in snow removal over the winter months.
- 3B/3A Certifications
- Staying compliant with Kansas and Missouri
- Valid, clean driver’s license
- 3 years of professional experience
- Experience managing 300+ clients
- Communicate with clients prior to service
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds daily
- Strong ability to run a smartphone (we are a paperless company)
- Ability to operate a Z spray is preferred but not required
- Strong knowledge of fertilizer chemicals and application practices
- Succeeds in a fast pace environment
- Strong ability to multitask
- Responsible for keeping track of all time and materials at each job
- Must meet daily production goals
- Must maintain less than 2 hours of indirect time each day
- Perform Mandatory Monday checks
- Keep vehicle and equipment clean
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance (we pay 50% of the premium)
- 401k with company match
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation (5 days, 1 additional day with each additional year of continuous employment)
- Free Uniform Service through Cintas
- On call snow pay
- Phone Stipend
- 3 Production Bonuses available
- Commissions on sales
Internships (5 or 10 week)
10-week Paid Summer Internship ($15+/hr)- choice of three focuses from following list:
5-week Paid Summer Internship ($14+/hr)- choice of one focus from following list:
A hands-on opportunity to learn the ins & outs of the lawn care industry from the ground up. This choice would focus on what the field employees’ days look like as well as the opportunity to learn basic lawn care skills & the management levels of the crews.
Shadow our Production Manager and see how to increase productivity of crews, manage issues that arise, and communicate with the rest of the team.
Shadow our Operations Manager to learn skills necessary to manage operations from budgets, materials, scheduling, to running weekly meetings, and handling issues that arise.
Shadow our Project Manager to see what is needed to complete a landscape project from beginning to end. From ordering materials to reading landscape designs & managing construction sites. While also communicating from designer to crew as well as operations & office staff.
|Horticulture/ Landscape Account Management|
Shadow an Account Manager/ Horticulturalist to learn the sales process & strategies from lead generation through completed job, communicating with & educating customers on knowledge of plants &trees as needed.
Shadow our Landscape Designer and learn the design/sales process from initial meetings to behind the scenes landscape design. Learn how to complete designs, price options, present ideas to customers, and line out project manager/crews as needed.